Recently, everyone is talking about retiring in Ecuador where Baby Boomers can live quite well on just Social Security alone! For cash-strapped Boomers, Ecuador can be a godsend. But like everything else, it has its pluses and minuses. We’ve done some research on Ecuador to help you see its retirement possibilities.
- Low cost of living!
- Great, low-cost healthcare in cities.
- Lots of expatriates to help new arrivals acclimate.
- A secure society.
- Modern infrastructure and good services in cities.
- Four-hour nonstop flights to Miami.
- Senior discounts.
- Americans are starting to generate a native backlash by driving prices and real estate values up.
- The best retirement experience requires learning Spanish.
- A “manana” attitude and lots of visible poverty.
- Rains a bit!
Learn Before You Go – Recommended Sites for Interested Boomers
- Retiring in Ecuador? Read This First
- Living and Retiring in Ecuador
- 26 Ecuador Expats Talk About Living in Ecuador
- Cost of Living in Ecuador
- Cuenca, Ecuador
The Bottom Line for Boomers
If you are a Baby Boomer whose finances are tight, retiring in Ecuador may be an ideal answer. But do your homework first by visiting the above sites that offer a wealth of “real world” information. If Ecuador looks interesting, we suggest starting by taking a trip there to gain onsite experience and advice. Better yet would be to arrange meetings with expats already settled in Ecuador. Then you can make an informed decision.