The Basics of Aging Well
As we age, it is important to our well-being to feel good about ourselves. That means taking care of one’s self, both physically and mentally. Diet, exercise, mental agility, and beauty products all play a role in enhancing the enjoyment of Fall and Winter of our lives.
Baby Boomer Beauty
Baby Boomer beauty products abound. Be sure to wear sunscreen when performing outside activities! A wealth of beauty products exist for women…and men… to make Boomers look and feel younger. These range from anti-aging creams to using face lift tape for a temporary fix and products like Rogaine that re-grow lost hair. The one suggestion we offer here is to be sure to use sunscreen when doing outside activities. Remember, you are at an age where the cumulative effects of sun exposure – wrinkles and skin cancer – start to appear.
With a little online research, you will discover that many skin care, hair and cosmetic products can be purchased at a discount.
Baby Boomer Aging
Aging is state of mind as much as anything else. Some Boomers age well and keep their minds sharp because they remain active and engaged. Other languish and succumb to illness or mental diseases, often leading to suicide. Here is what you can do to “age well:”
- Stay connected. Remain involved with your family. Develop a supporting network of friends. Volunteer for a worthy cause.
- Nurture your spirituality. Whatever your beliefs, exercise them. As retiring Boomers, we are entering the “winter” of our lives. Develop inner peace and put your beliefs into action.
- Exercise your mind. The more you use your mind – whether through work, puzzles, or whatever – the better your odds of avoiding diseases like dementia and Alzheimer’s.
- Enjoy a loving relationship. Studies have show that Boomers who are in a loving relationship have a better quality of life and live longer. And besides, doing things is always more fun when you have someone to share it with.
- Get a pet. Cats and dogs are great companions. They give unconditional love….as long as you feed the on time ;~)
- Find time to relax. Schedule time everyday to do something you particularly enjoy. Read a book, meditate or watch a movie. Relax!
- Women – Eat chocolate! It gives women a feeling of well-being …and makes their husbands happy.
- Create a “bucket list.” What do you want to do or accomplish before you die? Make a list and plan how to achieve each item. Energize your life by instilling adventure into it. Try new things. You only have so many years left – Why not make the best of them?